Announcement

Media statement issued by Deputy Chief Justice Ray Zondo, Chairperson of the Commission of Inquiry into allegations of State Capture, Corruption and Fraud in the Public Sector including Organs of State

12 Feb, 2018

Media  statement  issued  by  Deputy  Chief  Justice  Ray  Zondo,  Chairperson  of  the Commission  of  Inquiry  into  allegations  of  State  Capture,  Corruption  and  Fraud  in the Public Sector including Organs of State.

1. It will be recalled that at the media conference on the 23rd of January 2018 I pointed out that the terms of reference and the Regulations for the Commission of Inquiry into Allegations  of  State  Capture, Corruption  and  Fraud  in  the  Public  Sector  including Organs  of  State (the  Commission)  needed  to  be finalised  before  I  could appoint key personnel necessary for the proper and effective functioning of the Commission.  On the  25th  of  January  2018  the  terms  of reference  were  published  in  the  Government Gazette.  On  Friday,  9  February  2018,  the  Regulations  were  also  published  in  the Government Gazette.
  2. I welcome the publication of the Regulations. It opens the way for me to proceed to the stage of making the key appointments that need to be made in regard to the work of the Commission. These key appointments include the appointment of the Secretary of the Commission, a team of lawyers who will be evidence leaders, including their leader, and, the Head of Investigations.
  3. Pending the publication of the Regulations, I had already begun discussions with some of the potential candidates for appointment to the key positions. I will now be finalising these discussions. I estimate that I should be able to make an announcement of these key appointments soon.
  4. The search for appropriate premises for the Commission where it will have its offices and hold its hearings is also under way. I have no doubt that soon I will able to make an announcement of where the premises of the Commission will be.

RMM Zondo
Deputy Chief Justice
Chairperson: Commission of Inquiry into Allegations of State Capture, Corruption and Fraud in the Public Sector including Organs of State.

Media enquiries:
Mr. Nathi Mncube
Spokesperson of the RSA Judiciary
Cell: 0848148364
Email: NMncube@judiciary.org.za

Download Announcement - 0.15 MB